Australia Mental Health and Employment Law
20 – 21 January 2022 (via Zoom)
9:00AM – 17:00PM | Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)
What You Can Expect From This Program
This program will show you how to address contentious issues when managing performance management, absenteeism, and investigation of workers compensation that arise due to mental health. Key takeaways you will gain include:
• What are the laws for mental health and its impact on workplaces?
• How to implement evidence-based resilience programs to protect mental health and employee wellbeing, particularly in high-risk occupational settings
• What are the employer’s obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act & WHS Act related to mental health issues?
• How should employers manage employees’ grievance claims related to mental health with appropriate legal procedures?
• What are the best practices for conducting effective investigations that arise due to claims of stress, anxiety, harassment or bullying in the workplace?
Led by Australia’s top legal expert and Director of an innovative tech platform in managing mental health and wellbeing, Beverley Honig will show you how to navigate the legislative framework governing mentally ill employees in the workplace, design and implement a holistic mental health and wellbeing program, and handle complex and sensitive issues relating to mental health discrimination in the workplace.