Free public talk: practical tips and resources to promote mental wellbeing for young autistic adults
Are you an autistic young adult, or a family member, carer or supporter of one? Are you seeking practical advice, tips and knowledge you can use immediately?
Then this event by the Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre at La Trobe University is for you.
Date: Thursday 2 March 2023
Time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm AEDT
1. Autistic young adults (up to age 35) and their families, carers and supporters (70% of tickets)
2. Health professionals, including psychologists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers, counsellors, GPs, paediatricians, psychiatrists, mental health nurses, nurse practitioners, mental health and developmental educators. (30% of tickets)
• Dr Lauren Lawson, La Trobe University autism researcher and registered psychologist on sleep
• Dr Simon Bury, La Trobe University and OTARC autism researcher and registered psychologist on mental wellbeing in the workplace
• Jessica Davis, social worker and Regional Victoria Senior Mental Health Advocate at Independent Mental Health Advocacy on mental health resources for Victorians on involuntary treatment orders.
Dr Shane Huntington, renowned communicator and presenter of Einstein A go-go on 3RRR radio.
Village Roadshow Theatrette, State Library Victoria