Reconnect LGBTIQA+ program
Reconnect is a free LGBTIQA+ program for people Deaf and Hard of Hearing in collaboration with the Department of Education and Training.
– For people who are 17- to 64-year-old (exemptions can be made)
– Funding boosted
– Funding can be used for course fees as well as other needs such as mental health, transport & self-care
– Can be used for short courses as well (doesn’t need to be a certificate)
– Great for upskilling or reskilling
– You do not have to engage with Centrelink in order to access the program
– For people who haven’t studied or worked for more than 6 months (for 8h per week or more, again exemptions can be made)
– Special provisions for Youth Justice and Asylum-Seeking intersections
– Self-referral available: email Keira.Leike@expression.com.au
* Reconnect is also available to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people from all backgrounds regardless of their LGBTIQA+ intersecting identities.
The flyer (where the above information is from) can be found here: https://mcusercontent.com/bcf6b7167b9dc308517d28259/files/f5b536a1-e503-4244-a68e-3ebd9d0f8ff0/Reconnect_at_Expression_Australia_2_.pdf