Now superseded please click here for update
School Leavers Information Kit & School Leavers Information Service
To support young people as they prepare to leave school, the School Leavers Information Kit and the School Leavers Information Service provide tailored careers information to help young people understand their education, training and work pathways.
Both initiatives are funded through the Australian Government’s Enhanced Support for School Leavers measure and are being delivered by the National Careers Institute (NCI) from 1 October 2020 to 30 June 2022.
Read the media release on these school leaver initiatives issued by Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, Minister for Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business and the Hon Steve Irons MP, Assistant Minister for Vocational Education, Training and Apprenticeships.
Features of the School Leavers Information Kit
The School Leavers Information Kit, Your Career: What’s next for you? provides young people with information about education, training and work options to help them navigate the changing landscape of the labour market. Key sections include
- Help to build your future career: Information about further education and training and industries across Australia.
- Help with short-term options: Identifying current skills, undertaking short-term education and training, and options to pursue different opportunities like work experience or volunteering.
- Help to pursue your goal: Financial assistance, starting your first new job and local careers information.
The information kit is available to download on YourCareer.gov.au.
Features of the School Leavers Information Service
The School Leavers Information Service will provide school leavers with two levels of careers support
- help to navigate the School Leavers Information Kit, access and use the Your Career website or be referred to relevant government programs or support services, and
- where needed, a personalised career guidance session with a qualified career practitioner for up to 45 minutes.
The Service is available by:
- calling 1800 CAREER (1800 227 337)
- texting SLIS2020 to 0429 009 435, or
- emailing email@example.com.