Together: Access & Inclusion Training for Organisations & Individuals who want to make their work more accessible & inclusive for young people with disability!
What is Together?
The Youth Disability Advocacy Service (YDAS) runs Together: Access & Inclusion Training for Organisations & Individuals who want to make their work more accessible & inclusive for young people with disability! In 2023, thanks to the Department of Social Services, YDAS will run Free Together: Access & Inclusion Training for 10 Organisations!
Together Training is designed and delivered by young people with disability, and equips participants with an understanding of:
- Assumptions about disability and how to avoid them
- How and why to ask questions to disabled young people
- How to understand disability and society
- The role of language and how to use it
- The context disabled young people exist in
- How to plan, deliver and review accessible & inclusive programs
- Practicing how to use access & inclusion tools, such as;
- Statements of Commitment
- Access Keys
- Social Scripts
Tuesday February 14th
Friday March 24 th at 11:59pm AEDT
Successful Applicants Notified
Friday April 14th
Trainings to take place
Between start of May and end of November 2023
Who can apply?
Organisations who fulfil the following criteria can apply for Free Together: Access & Inclusion Training:
- Be located in Victoria
- Currently work with young people in some capacity
- Commit to providing 12+ staff to attend training
How do I apply?
Organizations must complete the by 11:59pm AEDT on Friday March 24th. Click her to get application form.
Why should I apply?
Don’t ask us, ask the 2022 Recipients of Free Together: Access & Inclusion Training…
- “The training has helped me to reframe my thinking to ensure my language and approach is more inclusive and accessible”
- “I have never been to a training that has felt and been so inclusive of not only my needs but everyone around me. The content we covered in 4 hours was nothing short of impressive, but not once did we feel rushed or overloaded.”
If you have any questions, or want to know more before applying, contact YDAS’s Together Program Officer, Is Hay via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling/texting 0472 635 607.