PhD Scholarship Opportunity
The Living with Disability Research Centre and Yoralla are delighted to offer a PhD Scholarship opportunity for an outstanding candidate to explore cultural diversity in the disability workforce.
This prestigious scholarship, established by Yooralla in collaboration with the Living with Disability Research Centre, will be awarded to an outstanding candidate interested in exploring how to build and sustain the disability workforce of the future.
As an applicant you should have an interest in disability support services, cultural diversity and direct support practice. The project will focus on employment experiences of support workers from culturally diverse backgrounds and strategies for their recruitment, training and retention.
Applications are now open and will close on 30 June 2021.
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,597.00 per annum
- a top up scholarship of $9,000 a year for 3 years
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- opportunities to be part of one of the leading disability research centres in Australia and work with one of the largest disability providers in Victoria
In selecting successful applicants, we will prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above