Learn Easy English 2 day writing course
This course is suitable for anyone who writes information for the public: communications staff; support workers, planners, therapists, disability advocates, teachers, community educators, survey developers, researchers, report writers, website writers, lawyers, work safety staff, NDIS staff & providers, My Aged Care staff & providers, administrative staff, project workers, Health Promotions staff…
Tuesday 16 May 2023 and Thursday 18 May 2023
At your desk via Zoom
9:15am – 5:00pm AEST
$625 + GST
- learn the legislative framework for Easy English;
- identify who Easy English is useful for;
- explore current Easy English resources available in the Australian and
- learn to identify Easy English compared with Easy Read, and be aware of what is relevant to your audience;
- learn and practice each of the steps to develop Easy English written materials;
- begin to write your own Easy English document, including selecting and developing appropriate image supports;
- explore the value of Consumer Testing of documents;
- explore use in websites;
- receive references and resources for further study and independent research.
This workshop has limited places of just 12 participants.
For more information and booking link to tickets click here.
For links to some of our recent work click here.
Access Easy English is owned by Cathy Basterfield.
Cathy is a trained Speech Pathologist, with more than 30 years’ experience.
She has a national and international reputation in the development of Easy English.
Cathy is acknowledged by her peers as a highly experienced practitioner in the field of Easy English.
She is recognised as being at the forefront of the development of Easy English in Australia, being one of the first practitioners in this specialist field nearly 20 years ago. This includes the development of quality standards and benchmarks for Easy English and writing the first guidelines for writing Easy English. This is still the basis of quality Easy English. You will receive the most up to date guidelines as a checklist which expands on the original work.
Cathy was awarded a Victorian Government Ethel Temby scholarship for an investigative study into international trends and accreditation for Easy English writing and publications in 2011. Cathy is a published author and is invited to present at conferences on this subject matter regularly.
In 2022, Cathy and her team were recognised for their Easy English work with multiple national and international awards:
- International Zero Project Shortlist for 2023
- International Global Award 2022 – Most Outstanding Communicator for People with Disability in the World
- Australian National Enablement Award 2022 – Most Outstanding Communicator in the NDIS Sector
- APAC Insider Small Business Award 2022 for our Easy English training
- Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI ) – COVID Safe Business Community Award Finalist 2022. For our pro bono COVID19 content development
We are always available to discuss the development of your Easy English projects. Let us know how we can help you.
Phone: 0466 579 855